Sunday, May 10, 2015

Maternal Wisdom

It was Sunday, May 10, 2015. I was in the middle of my four hour greeter shift (1-5pm). In walked “Darcy” and her two middle-school aged daughters. I gave the three of them my regular store greeting, and wished Darcy a Happy Mother’s Day. In return, I got a smile and a thanks from her.
Before emotionally moving myself to the next group of people that was right behind Darcy (as her clan quickly moved to grab a cart close by me), I quickly read the writing on Darcy’s gray shirt.
It was a simple design with a profound effect on my psyche. The black cursive lettering had a pink shoestring bow above it. I eventually slipped into the nearby men’s bathroom to type it on the notepad feature of my cell phone so I would not forget the words.
This wonderful slogan was “Live the life you imagine.” Do you just exist in your world? Are you afraid to set your hopes any higher than the reality you currently know? Do you want to think and live “outside the box?”
Maybe living (some of your life) for a passion you adore is just plain unimaginable. What would you do in your life if there was nothing to stop you? What personal barriers would have to be broken down for you to do as this motto states? Can you think in your own mind of the obstacles that keep you from reaching your dream?

Maybe you are unable to answer all the questions I’ve asked in your current state. Give this vision a try. What have you got to lose? How will you realize that this may be your destiny unless you walk out into the great unknown (with the little courage you possess)? All you have to do is take baby steps to your goals to move in the direction of “living you best life” (as Oprah says). Shift your humanity into high gear “beyond you wildest dreams.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...