Thursday, April 9, 2015

Totally Surprised

I had performed this important function for an assortment of people in a variety of places. I cannot recall anyone ever doing it for me while I was at work (see A Broken Parakeet). I am an advocate of this because I’ve seen it work. What am I talking about? The answer is “prayer” (see Pray Continually).
On Wednesday, as I am giving my standard welcoming salutation at the glass “produce” doors, I got in a quick conversation with a mom and her three teenagers (Two females and a male). She was from a local church in town starting with the letter “z.”
When asked if there was anything I needed immediate prayer for, did I come up with some big important item? Of course not, I had already been standing for several hours as a greeter. The only thing to come to mind was for my feet to stop hurting.
I accepted this rapid invitation to a few moments with the Heavenly Father on my behalf. I profusely thanked the lady as they progressed to other parts of the store to shop. Actually, my feet did feel much better.
The next day I mentioned this incident at my Thursday morning men’s group (see Masculinity at its Best). The group agreed with my wife when I told them my wife felt the whole shopping experience for a customer was set by the tone established by the door greeter.
One of the men in the group and a personal friend, Crandall (see Anger at the Almighty), challenged me by saying a speedy prayer for every passing through the portals I attended. Only time will tell the difference it will make.
I put the same call to arms for intercession with the Almighty that was given to me. Find a particular location where you attitude needs a major adjustment. Give it a week. See how much God changes the deep places of your heart. Are you game for this simple opportunity for growth.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...