Friday, April 17, 2015

Nail It Down

Prior to our window appointment (see Window Washer), I took our Chihuahua, Chico, to the veterinarian to have his toenails cut, which my wife felt were getting too long and painful for him. Chico was one of the brothers in the two-dog combination my family adopted when I was going through cancer in 2009 (see Pet Smarts).
Though Chico has chosen to specifically be my wife’s dog, he spends time with each member of my family when the whole group is together.  My wife calls him “Chunky Monkey” with great affection. The nicknames I’ve given Chico may not be as sweet as Bobbi’s, but he means the world to me (see Leaving with a Friend).  “Fat Boy” and “Snore Whore” (loves napping and snoring) don’t effect Chico’s self esteem. All he cares about is “doggy food” (special dance for this), treats, and “pee-pee” time.
Chico is the best actor I’ve ever met . When Bobbi cuts his nails, she gets wiggling, howling, lots of nervous hair loss, and those twitching large ears and big expressive sad eyes looking into her face (and soul) as if to convey, “Why are you doing this to me?” According to the vet’s office, Chico was calm during trimming time.
Is their something in your life you’ve been avoiding? It could be a health procedure, apologizing to someone, or completing a project. The longer you wait. The worse it will become in your mind. Take it from experience. It is not worth the emotional hassle you’ll experience to delay it. You’ll sense a burden has been lifted from off your shoulders when this challenge is completed. You can be successful at this. Have a little faith in yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...