Thursday, March 12, 2015

Simply Superior

Are you intimidated by someone? Maybe they have a magnificent physique, are more spiritual, have a nicer home, are smarter than you, or have the career of your dreams. These are just a few items. Can you think of more?
In private, things are not always as they appear in public. Here are a few examples. The woman with the shapely physique spends hours in the gym daily away from her family. She used to be morbidly obese. The paranoia of returning to her prior body causes her to workout like a hamster running on a wheel.
The man with the gorgeous house in the posh neighborhood is over $80,000 in debt. Your girlfriend (who appears to be so close to God) is on the verge of walking away from anything to do with Christianity due to situations in her life where the Heavenly Father doesn’t appear to hear her prayers.
God has never judged anyone by the same standards that man has. Consider this from I Samuel 16:7 (NIV) “Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” That verse does my heart well. It comforts me to know that God’s standards are fair, and that he is more concerned with my heart attitude than my appearance when I am in his presence.

This also means I can’t fool God with what comes out of my moth because he knows how it really is in my heart. Your true friends are always the ones that accept you as you are-warts and all. As always, my advice is to change which you can, and learn to accept the rest. Better yet, why mess with the original, simply fantastic creation the Heavenly Father made you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...