Sunday, March 29, 2015

Party Time

Sometimes a bad day can salvaged by a time of celebration (see What Would You Do?). On March 28, 2015, my brother-in-law (Charlie) celebrated his 50th birthday at the Leaping Lizard Lounge. Though the party space was small and the music was a bit too loud, the finger food. This was an adult-only party.
Though the soft drinks were free at this get-together, the alcohol was on a “cash bar” basis. The folded poster board with pictures of Charlie through the years on it was an entertaining touch.
The company with family and friends was at its best too. I reunited with two women I knew (supposedly) knew when I was growing up in Bexley, OH. One of the ladies told me my mother used to pick her up every Sunday to go with us to church at Fellowship Baptist.
A group of my sister’s co-workers knew all about me, and thought my sister was a “saint.” Kim had even taught them to all call me by her endearing name for me that I despise (because my daughter also uses it too). It was a surprise to hear a group of woman I had just met say Roberto” together in unison.  
Other conversations included me revisiting the aspect occupational therapy from the effects of my 2009 brain surgery. (Not a joyful topic for me.) I had told some friend’s present a while ago that I was diabetic.
I got the “evil eye” when I brought over a big slab of birthday cake to eat. Because of the guilt I stopped short of consuming the whole thing. There were lots of updates on the family lives of the adults present. I made sure all that were interested knew about this blog.
Have you ever noticed how your attitude changes drastically when something positive happens? Parties usually help one to realize (in a entertaining manner) that we are all connected together as human beings.

You really can’t do life all by yourself. Laughter is abundant at events like this. Laughter makes every negative issue seem not quite as horrible as it might be. With mirth life seems much more bearable. Make sure you attend the next party you are invited to. It’s good for your health.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...