Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Ask and Receive


My very colorful senior mother, Janice Zarbaugh, has been the subject for many of my blog posts, Miracles by Mom, The Slip, A Modern Day Naomi and Ruth, and Family Repetition. Matthew 7:7-8 (NIV) says, “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.”
On a recent Saturday afternoon (around 2pm), my mother decided to put God’s promise to a test. In several hours, she would be having her daily coffee and talk time with her group of friends at the combination Tim Horton’s/ Wendy’s nearby. In February of 2015, heavy, deep, snow covered everything including her car and the sidewalk leading up to her home.
Fighting with the snow seemed to be more than my mother wanted to deal with. Her warm home seemed much more inviting that the frigid Ohio climate. As almost a challenge to God, my mother uttered, “If you want me to the group today, please bring along someone to clear off my car and remove the snow on my sidewalk so I can get to my car safely.”
Soon after the prayer request was uttered, the neighbor across the street decided to clear off the snow on my mother’s car as well as the driveway leading up to her house all out of the generosity of his heart. It should be noted this neighbor has never done this before for my mother. He also did the same kindness for the neighbor to the right of my mother.
I’m sure this neighbor had no idea he was an answer to prayer. After that, my mother decided God was “making a way” for her to get to the group.
Have you ever had any answers to prayer requests similar to this? It’s not all by chance. The Heavenly Father hears you 24/7. Talk to Him soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...