Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Random

“I’m unpredictable; I never know where I’m going until I get there. I’m so random, I’m always growing, learning, changing, I’m never the same person twice. But one thing you can be sure of about me; is I will always do exactly what I want to do.” (C. JoyBell C.)

Though I am a loyal, dependable person (to those who know me and with my blog), I thoroughly enjoy having a personality that is unpredictable. (Neither I or those that know me) have any idea how I’m going to react to any situation at any given moment. I believe I’m a lot like your favorite T.V. sitcom; you tune to see what’s going to happen.

Being a bi-polar man has a great deal to do with my enchanting personality. I deal quickly and efficiently with my changing life. I have to or I would push myself over the deep end emotionally. I am constantly commenting my inner self with dialogue like: “Why are you doing that,” “You can’t say something like that,” and “That’s so blunt. You’re going to lose friends if you say that.”

My patient, “voice of reason” wife, Bobbi, is getting to empty nest with the many facets of me (among them is the crazy, assertive, sweet, and the real me). I wish I could tell you as a bi-polar man, that I had always been the wonderful father to my daughter, Allena, through the years. My good and bad emotions towards her seem to be intensified at times. My medication (Lithium and Trileptal) does a great job of keeping me as normal as possible. (It clarifies my emotions like glasses do my vision.)

I believe our three Chihuahuas even sense there is something different about me. Rosco, Chico, and Lola are also nicknamed “Small, Medium, and Large” because of their heights. The 13 year old brothers, Rosco and Chico, look like traditional male Chihuahua brothers with big ears, eyes, personalities, any tiny bodies.   (Rosco connected with Allena, who is in college now.

Chico adores his owner, Bobbi. My dog, Lola, is the wild card. She is a female with an assertive personality. She is not a pure breed Chihuahua like her siblings. We think her other half is Shiba Inu (or Min Pin). Whatever she is when things get boring, she likes stir things up with a bit of excessant barking. It sounds like a canine version of me. Doesn’t it? My clue that it’s time for angry Robert needs to go is when Lola runs to hide somewhere in our tri-level split home.

The purpose of this post is not to make you feel sorry for me (and my family) for living with me. Rejoice in who you are. Get help if you need it (medicine or counseling). Your heavenly Father only made one you with your unique personality for a reason. You are His unique child, and He cherishes you.

 Don’t change yourselves to be like the people of this world, but let God change you inside with a new way of thinking. Then you will be able to understand and accept what God wants for you. You will be able to know what is good and pleasing to him and what is perfect. (Romans 12:2, ERV)
Chico, Lola, and Rosco (left to right)
 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...