Saturday, September 19, 2015

Baby Steps

It always thrills the heart of a parent to see their child making a positive change in the direction of their life. Small steps towards God (as in the case of our daughter in Youth with a Mission) are always welcome. Take this recent Facebook post of Allena’s; it made me want to dance, which is a bad thing with my lack of rhythm.
“DTS [Discipleship Training School] is a lot more than I’ve expected. I miss home a lot. It hasn’t even been a week, and I’ve said I wanted to quit, give up, and go home.
But I can’t because the Holy Spirit has already done so much including touching some spots that I didn’t want [changed]. But opening up about [my stuff is] starting my path to being healed.”
Ecclesiastes 3:1-9 gives a list of items that there is an appropriate time for in one’s life.  With the progression Allena is making in this avenue of her life, she will discover now is the time to heal old emotional wounds (in her mind and heart).

Now is the time to enjoy life, but still make changes that will turn you into the person you wish to be. Now is the time to solidify who you are in Christ. Take the time now to love those people who are really important to you. Remember, life can change so quickly. Don’t waste a minute of it.

1 comment:

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...