Saturday, January 24, 2015

True Blessings

There were so many things to be thankful for when I was undergoing cancer treatment in 2009. They were somehow all related to transportation issues. Church friends and others (from all over) rallied to get me to my blood draws. The city’s small handicap bus got me safely to and from my volunteer activities (even when I was going through chemotherapy). After I was done with the Lymphoma (and in remission), I was ready to drive on my own with my handicapped placard. It allowed me to park up front anywhere to gain easier access to wherever I needed to be.

Is there anyone who went out of there way (in a time of crisis) to make sure came through to the other side safely? When you think of that individual, name the emotions that come to mind.
There could be gratitude (for their assistance), astonishment (why did you help), importance (I must have worth), and care (you made sure I was well).


Have you paid it forward? This means has someone received the same grace from you that was given to you by others? Kindness is all around look for it. You’ll never know if someone can lend a helping hand unless you ask. There are good people out there who wish to make a difference. Ask God to help you locate them. True blessings lie in what we give rather than what we receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...