Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Downward Slide

When I was a high schooler and looked at other guys around me, I thought my waistline was humungous at size thirty-four pants. As an older adult male, I would gladly trade my size fifty pants for the smaller version I had as a teenager.
I’ve never quite understood why any guy would purposely want their pants to slide down (exposing their colorful underwear). Even when I buy the right size pants (or smaller) several hours into a work day, those pants have discovered a way to slide down my non-existent hips right below my bulging belly. (At times, my pants can even slide to my tiny derriere. (Long shirts are great for covering up a lot of stuff.)
No matter how tight I strap my belt around my waist; this temporary measure lasts for only thirty minutes or less. Anyone watching me for my work shift would quickly notice how many times I yank my pants up in attempts to prevent the “downward slide.”
I’m a big proponent of sweatpants (in the winter) and shorts (in the summer). The elastic in the pants keeps them wear they should stay (not underneath my stomach). They are quite comfortable too.

Nothing makes a person feel better about themself than well-made clothes that fit correctly. Dress for success because you are what you wear. So be the best you can be by dressing the best you can afford. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...