Sunday, January 25, 2015

An Action Plan

Some people get a thrill out of engaging in that which the general public considers dangerous (and unnecessary in their eyes). They are known as “adrenaline junkies, who get a rush from risk-taking endeavors like this.” An example of a recreational sport nobody (except the very brave) would ever wish to perform is skyyacking, which combines the best features of skydiving and kayaking. With this sport, the participant jumps out of a plane being secured in a kayak with a parachute. The person’s arms become or’s that aid in doing aerial stunts. Landing in some nearby body of water a person’s upper body aids in a comfortable landing.
A unique job that most people would never decide to do is a Tight Rope Walker in a circus. Only the daring (and brave) choose to do this without a safety net. There would have to be some kind of extreme satisfaction every time a crossing was safely made. Inconveniences in this job include balancing (and walking) on something so small for such a great distance. That whole “nothing to catch you if you fall” is quite depressing to me. All the audience witnessing your possible demise as you go plummeting to the floor of the Big Top doesn’t seem very appealing to me.
Bungee jumping from a bridge on a giant rubber band is not my way of having fun beyond my wildest imagination. Even if my weight did not exceed zip lining requirements, I can’t see moving that quickly from something (that looks like a clothesline) would increase my desire to be a dare devil. (I would probably wet myself instead.) Parasailing seems like it might be the closest thing to flying like a bird, which I am not. As much as I love roller coasters, it’s probably not best idea because of my heart condition due to sleep apnea.
The more intelligent among you can probably come up with multiple examples of excitement that pushes limits. I think stuff like this lets you know you are fully alive, but it can also become an addiction that needs have a tight control on. Be adventuresome (within limits), and fully enjoy everything life has to offer. If you ask me, you only live once. So make the most of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...