Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Always Right

As a man, I dislike admitting my wife is smarter than me with all the common sense she has. My intelligence lies in making family doctor appointments (and reminders), getting library materials returned on time, and helping get laundry and dishes completed.  I’m only saying this once, but I definitely married up.
Just as Eve became Adam’s helper (assistant) in Genesis 2:20-21, Bobbi has helped me out in more ways than is possible for me to explain in this brief article. I can tell you that I wish God would have given me just a thimble full of her sense.
When it’s come to her accuracy on home remedies (that will fix what ails you), Allena’s anticipated behavior, predictions on the direction other people’s behavior will take, and how I should precede in almost any direction in my life my wife tens to be completely accurate.
I hate to admit this, but one day when it’s my time to go I hope I pass away after my wife instead of before. I have no doubt Bobbi could survive as a widow. I on the other hand would be a different story. (Remarriage might be needed immediately) My wife has always had her finger on the pulse of this family better than me. I’d be in a world of hurt without her.
Bobbi has tried to show me multiple times on how she does the bills. After several minutes of explanation on a computer spreadsheet, my eyes glass over, I yawn constantly, and am ready for a nap. Somehow, if I were the primary bill payer, there would have to be a unique system that made sense to me.(It would not be Bobbi’s way that involves moving funds around in all directions to pay our creditors.)

If you have a female in your life, that compliments your personality to perfection, give thanks and tell her how much you continue to need her. Isn’t God good (all the time)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...