Thursday, September 3, 2020

A Revelation

“I don't want the world to define God for me. I want the Holy Spirit to reveal God to me.” (Aiden Wilson Tozer)

Personally, I believe being led by the Holy Spirit is not as difficult as Christianity can make it out to be at times. Just because I grew up in the environment of a Christian home, church, school, and college, in no way does this make me an expert on this topic. I know Bible study, prayer, and a Christian community of believers can assist in being led by the Holy Spirit.

The verb “listening” summarizes all you need to know (and do) with being led by the Holy Spirit. Over the years, I’ve become more aware of that calm voice of God deep within that directs me on the right things I need to do with my life. I do my best to pay attention to it as I am obedient to its directive.  I know it is the voice of God because it agrees with scripture (and does not contradict what I believe God would tell me to do). Why fight God? H will eventually get what He wants (and needs) from you.

Galatians 5:16 (VOICE) says: Here’s my instruction: walk in the Spirit, and let the Spirit bring order to your life. If you do, you will never give in to your selfish and sinful cravings.” I wish I could tell you that I am an expert at doing this, but I’m not. This scriptural directive seems straightforward. It ought to be easy to do, but any follower of Christ will tell you that it is a daily challenge. I know your heavenly Father is more concerned with your progress  in this area (rather than perfection which will not happen until you arrive in Heaven one day).[i]



[i] This topic was suggested by the amazing, complex woman I call my “wife.” Bobbi, I love you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...