Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Waiting

“God is just waiting for you to turn your face back toward Him. You've not gone too far.” (Beth Moore)

When it comes to trusting God, we all have a choice. God’s ultimate heart for each person is to embrace His love and forgiveness. That was the entire purpose behind Jesus’ death on the cross and resurrection three days later. No matter what we have done or what regrets we carry when we cry out for God’s love and forgiveness, we receive it.

Your Heavenly Father is eager to overwhelm you with His grace and mercy if you’ll acknowledge your need for Him. Nobody is too far from God that they cannot be redeemed. I’ve tried doing life my own way, but now I want to live my life for God.  Jordan Feliz’s song "Never Too Far Gone" perfectly expresses what your Heavenly Father desires you to know:

I have loved you from the start
I have seen your hurting heart (your hurting heart)
And you feel so lonely, but you keep on hiding
'Cause you feel so guilty for what you've done, but


Chorus
There's no distance too far, that I can't reach you
There's no place that's so dark, that I can't find you
Anywhere that you are, if you need proof
Take a look at these scars, and know I love you

Doesn't matter, doesn't matter, doesn't matter what you've done
You are never, you are never, never too far gone

You have run down every road
And you've lost your way back home (your way back home)
And you feel so dirty, you know you're unworthy
Feeling undeserving of any love, but

Chorus

Doesn't matter, doesn't matter, doesn't matter what you've done


You are never, you are never, never too far gone
You will never outrun my love, my love, my love
You will never outrun my love, my love, my love
You will never outrun my love, my love, my love
You will never outrun my love (you will never outrun my love)

Chorus

Doesn't matter, doesn't matter, doesn't matter what you've done
You are never, you are never, never too far gone


Sometimes your relationship with your Heavenly Father doesn’t seem to be going the way you feel it should go. You can doubt  and struggle with your faith. At times we can all wonder if God is there, and does He care about us. Below are some ways to keep your faith strong even when you feel a bit weak.

1.   Do a daily devotional Developing long-term habits are important to maintaining your faith. A daily devotional will keep you in the Word and enhance your prayer life. It will also keep you closer to God even when you struggle in your faith.


2.   Get involved Many people become apathetic over time because they do not feel connected to a church body. Some churches do not offer ways to connect, but there are a lot of activities on campuses and in the community. You can even look into other ministries. The more connected you are to the body of Christ; the more likely it is that you will maintain your faith.


3.   Remember that God is always there Even in the worst times, when you just don’t feel God’s presence, you need to remember that God is always there. He does not forget you. True faith is developed even when you don’t sense your Heavenly Father’s presence.


4.   Talk to someone If you feel separated from God or you find yourself get further away from your Heavenly Father, talk to someone. Try a pastor, or a Christian friend or co-worker. Talk through your issues and pray with them about your struggle. They can possibly offer insight into how they have worked through their own struggles.


God is the best listener, you don’t need to shout, nor cry out loud because He hears even the very silent prayer of a sincere heart. (Anonymous)[i]





[i] Sources used:

·        “4 Ways to Stay Strong in Your Christian Faith” Kelli Mahoney

·        “We’re Never Too Far Gone” by Right from the Heart
A great reminder for me
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...