Friday, September 28, 2018

Troubled

I asked God, "Why are you taking me through troubled water?" He replied, "Because your enemies can't swim."   (Anonymous)

“Part the Waters”

When I think I'm going under, part the waters, Lord
When I feel the waves around me, calm the sea
When I cry for help, oh, hear me, Lord
And hold out Your hand
Touch my life Still the raging storm in me
Knowing You love me,
through the burdens I must bear
Hearing Your footsteps,
lets me know I'm in Your care
And in the night of my life,
You bring the promise of day
Here is my hand, show me the way

When I think I'm goin' under,
part the waters Lord
When I feel the waves around me, calm the sea
When I cry for help, oh, hear me Lord
and hold out Your hand
Touch my life, and still the raging storm in me


Knowing You love me,
helps me face another day
Hearing Your footsteps,
drives the clouds and fears away
And in the tears of my life,
I see the sorrow You bore
Here is my pain, heal it once more
When I think I'm goin' under,
part the waters Lord
When I feel the waves around me, calm the sea
When I cry for help, oh, hear me Lord
and hold out Your hand
Touch my life, and still the raging storm in me

We’ve all had days (and maybe even years) when the storms of life just take us under, and we’re not quite sure how we’ll come through on the other side. In everyone’s life, there are seasons where nothing seems to be working out right. In the grand scheme of things, a stressful day doesn’t impact life a great deal, but in those longer times of joblessness, sickness, financial stress, and marriage strain, the frustration can seem overwhelming at times. Struggles in life are inevitable, but destruction is optional. Remembering these principles about your Heavenly Father can make all the difference in the world:

1.   He has a better plan for you: He knows what’s best for you. He knows what you need not what you want. He is planning the perfect timing for all the events of your life.

 

2.   He is listening: He is listening to your prayers, your fears, your pain and your silence. He is listening to what you are asking for, and in time He will either give you what you were asking for or something much better.

 

3.   He is making you stronger: With every unanswered prayer, disappointment, hurdle, and loss, He is making you stronger. He is giving you the strength you need so you can be strong for others. So you can be a stronger person.

 

4.   He wants you to believe in miracles:  He is bringing you small miracles so you can believe in the big miracles. In every dream of yours that comes true or in every pleasant surprise you get. He’s making miracles happen. He’s a God of magic, wonder and hope and he wants you to believe that. 

 

5.   He wants you to grow: He wants to you to change. He wants you to learn things the hard way. He wants you to evolve. He wants you step outside of your comfort zone. He wants you to lose your way so you can find Him and find yourself. He wants you to be wise and strong, and He wants you to prosper.

 

6.   He wants you to know He loves you: He loves you more than you know. He may be hard on you sometimes, but He loves you. He may not give you everything you asked for, but He loves you. No matter how many mistakes you’ve made, or how many times you got angry with Him. He still loves you. He forgives you, and He is turning your life around. He doesn’t love you for your money, looks, or status. He loves you for you. God loves you more in a moment than anyone could in a lifetime.

 

7.   He wants you to know you’re never alone:  He is always there with you when you’re scared or confused. He is there with you. When you’re afraid of the dark, He is there with you. When you are crying late at night and you think no one can hear you, He can hear you. When you’ve given up on your life and on love and think you have no one, you have Him. No matter where you are, He is always with you, and He wants you to know that He is enough.

 

8.   He wants you to trust Him: He wants you to have faith in Him. He wants you to leave the big things (the uncontrollable things) up to Him.  He wants you to believe in Him. He wants you to go back to Him when you think you have no one. He wants you to trust that He will provide for you when you lose everything. He will always rescue you before you drown.

 

9.   He will answer your questions:  He will show you why something didn’t work out. He will show you why you lost a loved one, or why He tested you so much. He will make things clear to you.

  

10.       He will heal you:  He will heal your broken heart. He will ease your restless mind, and He will solve the mystery of your puzzled thoughts. He wants you to be patient.

 “If you want to see the sunshine, you have to weather the storm.” (Frank Lane)[i]




[i] Sources used:
·        “10 Things God Wants You to Remember When Life Gets Rough” by Rania Naim
·        “4 things God wants you to remember when life is hard” by Dave Willis
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...