Wednesday, February 28, 2018

The Cat

“I always thought my cat had a staring problem. She always seemed fixated on my face. Until one day, when I realized that she was always looking behind me.” (Anonymous)[i]

How do you know if the ‘strange events you are experiencing in your home are real paranormal events, or something that can be logically explained?
When can one excuse unexplainable events, Some of the most common paranormal events that may identify a haunted location are unexplained noises, moving furniture, electrical disturbances, shadows, animal behavior, smells, being watched, cold and hot spots, being touched,  seeing,  and hearing. If you are a Christian, MercyMe, has an important message for you in their song, “Ghost.”

There's a ghost
There's a ghost inside of me
Not like those draped in ol' bedsheets
Saying "trick or treat"
Different
Oh this ghost is different
Not one that leaves me scared to death
But one that puts my fear to rest

Holiness keep haunting me

You're my hope, You're my peace
Ironic in a way
I'm no longer afraid
And the ghost is to blame

There's a ghost
There's a ghost inside of me
Not something from some campfire story
Where I'm terrified to sleep
Opposite
This ghost is quite the opposite
He came just like a welcomed friend
I was comforted

I'm not afraid
I'm not afraid!
No longer afraid

Holy Ghost
Lead me through the darkness
Lead me through the unknown


 How exactly does the Holy Ghost exist inside us? Tim Keller is quoted in his devotional, Encounters with Jesus, on the role of the Holy Ghost:

“Many people say that the Holy Ghost gives us power, and that’s true, but how does he do that? Does he merely zap us with higher energy levels? No, by calling him the other Advocate [or Helper], Jesus has given us the great clue to understanding how the empowering of the Holy Ghost works. The first Advocate [Jesus] is speaking to God for you, but the second Advocate [the Holy Spirit] is speaking to you for you.”

Here are a few ways that the Holy Ghost seeks to enrich our lives:

1.      He brings glory to Jesus:He will honor me; He will take from me and deliver it to you. (John 16:14, MSG)

2.     He convicts us of sin: “But I will send you the Comforter—the Holy Spirit, the source of all truth. He will come to you from the Father and will tell you all about me. (John 16:8, TLB)[ii]

3.     He guides us to truth: However, when the Spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own initiative but will say only what he hears. He will also announce to you the events of the future. (John 16:13, CJB)

4.     He is a personal witness to testify about Christ to us: “The Companion, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I told you.” (John 15:26, CEB)

5.     He reminds us of all that Jesus has taught us: The Father is sending a great Helper, the Holy Spirit, in My name to teach you everything and to remind you of all I have said to you. (John 14:26, VOICE)

 “The Holy Spirit is our [Global Positioning System].  It will tell you where you are, and where you are going.” (Elder Russell M. Ballard)[iii]
MercyMe




[i] This quote is in honor of my good friend, Betty Willer.
 
[ii] In the Bible, the title “Holy Ghost” was used 90 times in the New Testament of the King James Version (KJV) while “Holy Spirit” appears 4 times. The context of the New Testament usage was from a prophetic point of view. The Bible translators were consistent in retaining the contextual distinction between the many forms of “spirit,” such as “Spirit of the Lord” and “Spirit of God.”

[iii] Sources used:
“5 Ways the Holy Ghost Helps Us” by
·        “Difference between Holy Ghost and Holy Spirit” by Difference Between.net
·        “How to Spot Real Paranormal Activity in a House” by Helen Murphy Howell
This work is dedicated to my wife who played this song for me. I knew it had to be a post.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...