Thursday, September 28, 2017

The Essence of Who She Is

"Here's to strong women, may we know them, may we be them, may we raise them." (Anonymous)

Strong women are the Almighty’s unique gift to all of mankind. Your Heavenly Father simply adores them. They have been a part of the fabric of my life since I was an infant. Good or bad, I am the man I am today because of them.
"The devil whispered in my ear, “You’re not strong enough to withstand the storm.” Today I whispered in the devil's ear, “I am the storm." (Quozio)

Without strong women, our lives would be empty of all they contribute to our world. The presence of a strong woman makes others sit up, and pay attention to them. They can get emotionally exhausted, and question their own abilities at times? When this happens, Psalm 28:7 (CEV) tells these smart ladies exactly how recharge their strength, and regain their assurance that enriches us all: You are my strong shield, and I trust you completely. You have helped me, and I will celebrate and thank you in song.”

Below you will discover fourteen qualities that many strong women have in common. If you are a woman, does this list describe you?

1.      Apologize when necessary.

2.      Are open to feedback and receiving help to aid in self improvement

3.     Avoids procrastination, but understands all the time her limitations.

4.     Does not blame others for situations that are beyond her control.

5.     Doesn’t become easily angry, and takes negatively lightly.

6.     Finds ways around any obstacle with her persistence.

7.     Follow their instincts, and tries new things outside her comfort zone even when it frightens her.

8.     Forgives herself when she makes a mistake.

9.     Is financially responsible.

10. Knows how to set boundaries to keep things in perspective.

11.   Is willing to allow others to take the lead.

12.  Remains calm during a crisis.

13.  Takes steps in staying healthy.

14. Uses her time wisely.

“I'm a strong woman. Everything that's hit me in my life, I've dealt with on my own. I've cried myself to sleep. I've picked myself back up and wiped my tears. I have grown from things that were meant to break me. I get stronger by the day and I have to thank God for that.” (Quotes Gate)[i]


The strong women in my life (top to bottom left to right) daughter Allena, wife Bobbi, grandma Erma, mom Janice, sister Kim




[i] Sources used:
·        “10 Signs You’re A Strong Woman Who Stands Out From Everyone Else” (https://www.powerofpositivity.com/10-signs-youre-strong-woman-stands-everyone-else)

·        “14 Signs That Will Tell You That You Are a Strong Woman” (https://tapoos.com/lifestyle/14-signs-will-strong-woman/)

·        15 Signs You Are One Strong Woman (And You Have No Idea)” by Tammy D

·        “18 Signs You're A Strong, Independent Woman” by Casey Leming

·        “25 Signs That You’re A Mentally Strong Person” by Tayyab Babar
This post is dedicated to my strong women. You know who you are.

 


 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...