Monday, August 29, 2016

Everywhere

As an encouragement blogger, I’m consistently amazed with all the different places I find material that I feel will bless and challenge you. There’s a little voice in my head that is constantly verbally making me aware of information for ENCOURAGE ME that the average person might ignore.

By now I hope you have figured out that I am abnormal in a good way. Below are three items I have combined that I believe can pack a great deal of wisdom for you. Reading them together will help you receive their full value. (Be advised this is a rather long post):

Just for today, I will…
1.  Live through this day only, and not get far-reaching goals to overcome all my problems at once. I know I can do something for twelve hours that would app all me if I felt I had to keep it up for a lifetime.

2.  Live to be happy. Abraham Lincoln said, “Most folks are as happy as they make their minds up to be.” He was right. I will not dwell on thoughts that depress me. I will chase them out of my mind, and will replace them with happy thoughts.

3.  Adjust myself to what is. I will face reality. I will change those things I can change, and accept those things I cannot change.

4.  Improve my mind. I will not be a mental loafer. I will force myself to read something that requires effort, thought, and concentration.

5.  Do something positive to improve my health. If I’m a smoker, I’ll make an honest effort to cut down. If I’m overweight, I’ll eat nothing I know is fattening. And I will force myself to exercise – even if it’s only walking around the block or using the stairs instead of the elevator.

6.  Be totally honest. If someone asks me something I do not know, I will not bluff; I’ll simply say, “I don’t know.”

7.  Do something I’ve been putting off for a long time. I’ll finally write that letter, make that phone call, clean that closet, or straighten out those dresser drawers.

8.  Before I speak I will ask myself, “Is it true? Is it kind?” And if the answer to either of those questions is negative, I won’t say it.

9.  Make a conscious effort to be agreeable. I will look as good as I can, dress becomingly, talk softly, act courageously, and not interrupt when someone else is talking. Just for today I will not improve anybody except myself.

10.     Have a program. I may not follow it exactly, but I will have it; thereby saving myself from two pests: hurry and indecision.

11.     Have a quiet half hour to relax alone. During this time, I will reflect on my behavior, and will get a better perspective on my life.

12.     Be unafraid. I will gather the courage to do what is right, and take the responsibility for my own actions. I will expect nothing from the world, but I will realize, as I give to the world, the world will give to me.*


*Adapted from the article, “Dear Abbey: A Worthwhile Creed for 1986” by Abigail Van Buren.

The greatest…    
1.  Sin is panic.

2.  Day is this moment.

3.  Liar is the one who deceives himself.

4.  Mistake is refusing to engage fully in life.

5.  And most wasteful extravagance is disliking another human being.

6.  And cheapest stupidity is finding fault with another person.

7.  Troublemaker is someone who talks too much (and doesn’t know when to remain quiet).

8.  And most clever person is one who does what he is uncertain is right.


9.  The greatest teacher is one who provides a student with many opportunities to learn.

10.     Part of one’s spirituality is compassion and joyfulness.

11.     Fool is one who believes anything he reads (and hears). **
**Adapted from the article, “A Terrific List.”

7 Things You Have Learned In Life (but Already Forgot)

1.  Some people never change.

2.  You will be extremely grateful that some things didn’t work out the way you once wanted them to.


3.  You are growing. You are not same person you were a year ago.

4.  It is useless to stress yourself about things you cannot change. Move on. Let it go. Get over it.


5.  A strong friendship doesn’t need daily conversations. As long as the relationship lives in your heart…true friendship will never part.

6.  You have overcome challenges before. You have picked yourself up, dusted yourself off, and started again.


7.  There is always, always, always something to be grateful for. ***

***From the Law of Attraction Facebook page.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...