Wednesday, December 16, 2015

My Secret

Have you ever done something that could be considered wrong, but for you it’s the right thing. At my daily work life at Staples as a Cashier, there’s been something (that only my wife knows) that I avoid telling other friends and family members.
In the right pocket of my black work pants (right next to my cell phone) is a thin gold-like case of my blog business cards. I only give out a blog card when I feel lead by God to encourage one of the store’s patrons I am checking out.
I’ve never asked for permission at Staples to do the above. Technically since Staples does not know; they cannot ask me to stop. (The business cards were printed up at the store I work at. I am providing free advertising for Staples every time I feel the need to encourage.)
So far the security system in the manager’s office has never caught me on camera, or the boss is choosing to ignore my actions. None of the customers I give my blog cards to has ever brought it to someone’s attention. They appear to be thrilled with this personal touch.
When I let a customer know (sometime during our interaction together) that I have something for them, they look a little confused until I pull out my business card from my pocket. I tell them I write an encouragement blog, and that they might find it enjoyable.
Though customers repeatedly assure me they will check my out my weblog, I wonder how many people shove my card in their purse (or pocket) and never think of it again. I have to leave the results up to God. Only He can direct the right person to the words they need to read (and understand).  I could go crazy hoping my blog becomes famous. I try to remember if my blog changes one person positively that it could transform the world.
I Corinthians 1:25 (MSG) says, “Human wisdom is so tiny, so impotent, next to the seeming absurdity of God. Human strength can’t begin to compete with God’s ‘weakness.’” If you are open to God’s leading, He may ask you to step completely outside of your comfort zone. 
Take it from me; it’s exhausting to try to figure out the Heavenly Father’s motive behind what He wishes you to do.
Even though at times, the Almighty may appear crazy (and clueless) with His requests; obey Him anyway in the midst of your doubt. Romans 8:28 tells us this: “That’s why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.”

  Are you willing to let go of all you hold dear to gain that which is priceless (beyond compare)? God has amazing plans for your life. He’s knocking at your heart’s door right now (Revelation 3:20). Take a chance, and let Him in. You won’t be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...