Saturday, January 24, 2015

Encourage Me




I started my own weblog (or blog) for several reasons. I wanted a place to put what I wrote for others to read. In December 2014, I finally realized what my purpose in life was meant to be. I want to be an agent of positive inspiration (that encourages you in being your best). I also hope to challenge your normal way of thinking to make you come up with a unique point of view that is truly your own.

The dictionary defines encourage as “To inspire, and continue on a chosen course. Impart confidence, embolden, and enhearten.”  The above definition is exactly what I pray I’m doing in your life. When I realized my life purpose, the name of my blog absolutely had to change.

The name Ministry of Light Creations (based on Matthew 5:16) was decided on for any creative endeavors when I was a teenager. In a church environment (where I grew up) every endeavor (like in a traveling singing group) had a ministry name similar to mine.

Creative writing is an easy thing for me. Ideas for this blog come rushing into my head when I least expect them (or want them). Inspiration can come at work, during family time, church, or dream time at night. This gift is both a blessing and a curse. It would be nice to have more control with turning it off.

When I am out somewhere that writing is not a possibility, I have found “The To Do List” feature on my cell phone is the only way I can remember (and clear out) all my writing ideas from my mind. Sometimes, I wish someone else could enjoy my ability for a week, and I could get a small mental break. Yet I am truly thankful to God for what He’s given me.

Not everyone can express what’s going on in their life as well as I can. In no way am I being proud, it’s just a fact in my life today. Another truth on my blog is that I am (as a man) constantly adjusting my efforts, I change the font and design of my blog consistently every time a new post is added.

Let me ask you something (as you knew I would)? What do you do well? Are you a good artist, communicator, musician, seamstress, or something else I would never have thought to name?  Take a few minute to thank God (and your parents if that is applicable. Use your ability to make the world a better place.  If you make encouraging others your primary goal (in life) the rewards (in a variety of ways) will come back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...